Buyer’s Rules and Regulations
|1. Bidding on vehicles implies an understanding of legal obligations and that you have read and understand all stated rules and regulations. If you have any questions, please ask a CVAA staff member before bidding.
2. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
3. A 25% Deposit is required on all purchases at the time of the sale. The 25% deposit must be made by cash, check, debit or major credit card. Vehicles purchased must be paid for in full within 48 hours. All vehicles must be paid for in full prior to delivery. By bidding on any vehicles and signing the auction contract, you are legally obligated to and bound by the contract and all rules and regulations of the Auction Company. If you fail to pay in full for any vehicle, you subject yourself to legal action to recover the cost of the vehicle and all legal fees incurred by the Auction Company.
4. All deposits are non-refundable. Failure to settle in full within Auction time limit will result in forfeiture of deposit, and being banned from future auctions.
5. Auction Company does not issue temporary tags or liability insurance. We do offer a serviced of obtaining a DMV trip permit. You must have a credit or debit card to pay for the permit. A processing fee of $15 may be paid for by cash, check, debit or credit card.
6. Management of Auction Company has right to accept and reject any and all bids.
7. Auction Company reserves the right to settle all disputes involving bids on any sale.
8. You must be 18 years of age to purchase any vehicles at this auction.
9. No single contract is considered settled until all contracts entered in, on this sale, and any previous sales have been settled in full.
10. Outside Sale (a sale conducted between buyer/seller on auction property & fees not paid) are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Anyone conducting such a sale will be escorted off auction grounds & NOT ALLOWED BACK.
“Title Attached”: means title to vehicle being sold is not here at this time. Spend no money on a title attached until a clean title is in your possession. The car may have to be given back to the seller if they cannot produce a good title. The auction will not be responsible for any money you spend on a title attached vehicle that has to be returned. If title cannot be furnished to buyer within 15 business days after sale, Auction Company will, at customer’s request, refund purchase price and buyer’s fee. Storage: All customers are requested to move vehicles from the lot within 48 hours. Any vehicles not currently being run through the auction will be charged a storage fee of $5.00 a day and may be towed at owners expense. Central Virginia Auto Auction accepts no responsibility for theft or damage to any property on our lot.
Odometer Policy: CVAA has a copy of signed odometer statements. Do not rely on odometer readings as they may read more or less than actual mileage. Central Virginia Auto Auction assumes no responsibility nor guarantees accuracy of odometer readings.
Seller’s Rules and Regulations
IMPORTANT: READ THESE RULES BEFORE PARTICIPATING!
11. Commission Rates: Public Rates: 10% of sale price up to $1000 PLUS 5% OF ANY AMOUNT OVER $1000. Dealer Rates: 10% of sale price up to $1000 MAXIMUM of $100 commission. All commissions will deducted from auction checks.
13. Checks for vehicles sold will be issued within 3 days of sale. NOTE: Any fees due will be deducted from proceeds of any sold vehicles.
14. All vehicles sold “AS-IS” have no implied or stated warranty as to condition. The auction is the broker. Any dispute regarding year, make, model, condition or odometer reading will be resolved between buyer and seller. In the event CVAA has to mediate any dispute, the management decision is final.
15. The auction will NOT knowingly accept for sale any vehicle with a salvage title, salvage rebuilts, water damage, lien, or the like.
16. Year of cars, etc.: The auction does not guarantee the year of any cars, trucks, housetrailers, recreational vehicles, antiques, motorcycles, reconstructed vehicles, or any other item sold.
17. All vehicles sold through Central Virginia Auto Auction must have a current inspection or rejection sticker. Finance Companies and Non Profit Organizations are not required to inspect their vehicles.
Failure to comply with auction buyer or seller rules may result in expulsion from any sales conducted by Central Virginia Auto Auction. The decision of the auction management shall be final in all manners of interpretation of auction policy.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Auction Company accepts no responsibility for theft, liability or damage to property on these premises.